Thursday, July 13, 2006

Youth For Christ

Youth For Christ
Love Comes In All Colors



Youth For Christ
The Struggle Is Over
(courtesy of Big L...thanks!)

Now, I looked online for a review of this album with no such luck. So, I can't comment on the album, although it's strange that there was no buzz about this album along with the lack of reviews for it too. However, I know this album will be a blessing, how come? I fell in love with this choir with their debut release, Higher which didn't have the pomp and circumcstance as most newcomers do as far as promotions goes, but they did have Troy Sneed writing, directing, and producing, and that was certainly enough. Their follow up album, Love Comes In All Colors, was an excellent sophmore release in my opinion, you could tell the growth and maturity through the lyrics as well as their voices. Like, Higher, I can play that cd from beginning to end, so I except nothing less from The Struggle Is Over.

There's a full clip of the title track at Nuthinbutgospel.com , so check that out when you get a chance. And if you were able to pick this album up, please post your thoughts on it here in the comments, thanks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome even in the times where full choirs are almost a thing of the past Youth IV Christ brought me back to the old school days of the youth choir at my church. They sound better and better as each album progress. The first album was a classic of course. Higher was definitely a good album from start to finish. Love comes in all colors was a step down to me but hey not many artist from Worldly music to Gospel have top there first albums. Howeever i love the second album also. The third album the struggle is over is awesome to me bettter than the second that is. But overall all three albums are awesome Yall listen and be blessed

Lilmama said...

Hi Freddy!

You know what, I felt the same way about Love Comes In All Colors when I first listened to it. It just didn't grab me like Higher.

But after listening to it over and over, I really did enjoy it. I loved Give You Praise, that's a beautiful praise song. But I liked that they did another rendition of a hymn on that album and on "The Struggle Is Over".

I did get a chance to listen their latest one several times and I like it better than Love Comes In All Colors, but not as much as Higher. As you wrote, with each new album, you can tell their growth and maturity and this album really shows it compared to their debut. The song I'm stuck on right now is Everybody, which is remincent of the 90's song, Everybody by Black Box, but of course with that gospel sound!

So that's my thoughts, anybody else wants to chime in, feel free to do so, would love to read your thoughts.