Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Take 6 Post


Weeeeeeeelllll... I'm singin' Mary!!! was the cry heard by every male chorus in the late 80's and early 90's (At least in Philly). Take 6 had entered the music scene with bold, intricate accapella offerings that were easy on the ear, good for the soul and really, really hard to figure out and teach (Trust me, if you try to teach "Get Away Jordan" the way they do it and without the sheet music, you'll see what I mean). Did I say Commissioned had the PHAT harmonies??? I may have spoken too soon. All of their self-titled first album, as well as all but one or two tracks on thier second album "So Much To Say", were accapella, devoid of any instrumental intrusion to cover up their flawless, highly skilled vocalese stylings (If you like what they did on songs like "So Much To Say" "David and Goliath", and "Spread Love", please check out Manhattan Transfer, not gospel, but another great vocalese group). Their subsequent albums relied more on instruments, which was not THEIR choice, but the record company's. Good news for you Take 6 accapella fans, though. On their most recent album "Feels Good", they have taken control because they are now under a self-owned, self titled record label, and they return to their mostly accapella roots. Hallelujah!!

I know I can get wordy when I write, so I'll keep it short this time... Here's Take 6.

Peace,
Kaztricie1


Take 6



He Is Christmas


Join The Band


So Cool


We Wish You A Merry Christmas


Feels Good
(Courtesy of Unclewich... Thanks)



The Greatest Hits
(Courtesy of Lilmama...Thanks!!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the d.lawrence

Anonymous said...

This is a bad link (Take 6: Greatest Hits) . So can you upload this album again with another program?

Anonymous said...

The Take 6 Greatest Hits cd is still bad

Lilmama said...

It works Badongo server was just down. Try it again.

Anonymous said...

Take6 is the best!!! Thank you

I'm of Chile...