Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Donald Lawrence Post

What can I say that you all don't already know about Mr. Lawrence? Umm...that's hard. I will say this though, he's so talented! He's worked with everyone from En Vogue to Karen Clark-Sheards. Every album of his that I own, I just love it. I first heard of him when he and The Tri-City Singers remade Shut De Do' on the album From A Songwriter's Point of View, but it wasn't until Bible Stories that I began to appreciate Donald Lawrence's ministry. That album consisted of songs that told of stories in the Bible, such as Noah and the ark for an example. Lawrence reminded me of the way my pastor brings forth his messages, with so much life and also in a way that we can relate to today. Since that album, I've purchased every one his albums (with the exception of one, his latest and the last album that will feature him and The Tri-City Singer) and love them, love them, love them! A must listen-to-track is The Drummer Boy featured on Lawrence's Christmas album, Hello Chirstmas. It's a remake of the late Thomas Whitfield's (an excellent musician and gospel artists whose music still touches so many today) from his Christmas album. If you didn't know, Whitfield was one of the artists Lawrence greatly admired and enjoyed working with (I hope to do a post about him soon...if you all have any Thomas Whitfield albums, please let me know).

Below are some of Lawrence's cds, this isn't his whole discography however. I'll have to upload his first two albums, From A Songwriter's Point of View and Bible Stories at a later date (couldn't fit them on the cd-rw disc), but if you're looking for additional albums of Lawrence, the following albums are here too if you haven't checked them out already, The Best of: Restoring The Years , Tri-City4.com , and Go Get Your Life Back .


Lilmama



Donald Lawrence & The Tri-City Singers
Finale: Act One
(courtesy of Kaztricie1...thanks!)




Donald Lawrence & The Tri-City Singers
Finale: Act Two
(courtesy of Kaztricie1...thanks!)




Donald Lawrence & Company
I Speak Life
(courtesy of Andrew...thanks!)




Donald Lawrence & The Tri-City Singers
Hello Christmas

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have "Hello Christmas". I got this when it first came out. I loaned it out (When will I ever learn), and never got it back. for the last 6 years I've been searching for it and never found it. I LLOOOVVEE "Sweet Little Jesus Boy/We Didn't Know" Now I can finally teach it to my Mass choir next Christmas!!! Thank You!!!

Lilmama said...

Lol...you're very welcomed. I had this on cassette tape (I was just too cheap to purchase the cd), just upgraded recently because I wore the tape out to the post where I can't even read the writing on the cassette tape...lol!

I love this Christmas album too, got it the day it came out. I like "We Didn't Know"...just moves me and so does "I Can Hear The Angels"!

OMIG!!! You're a musician too! We've got to talk!

Anonymous said...

the Go Get Your Life Back album is down could you reup please? Thanks

Lilmama said...

I reuped it. The link was deleted by Filefront (and all the other files that were in there too).

divaTy ツ said...

Thank you so much for I Speak Life!

Lilmama said...

You're welcome Divaty, thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

I thank you for sharing. I was looking for these