Sunday, February 19, 2006

Donnie McClurkin-Donnie McClurkin


Tracklisting:

1. Stand
2. Just A Little Talk With Jesus
3. Holy, Holy, Holy
4. Search Me, Lord
5. Jesus, The Mention Of Your Name
6. Speak To My Heart
7. Here With You
8. Yes, We Can, Can
9. We Expect You




Although this isn't Donnie McClurkin's first gospel album, this was his first album as a solo artist. Those who know the gospel music scene know that he first started out with The New York Restoration Choir. I didn't listen to them that much growing up, but I did know their song, Speak To My Heart which Pastor McClurkin penned. I tell you, my middle school gospel choir back in '90-'91, would tear that song up! That's why I purchased the album to hear how he updated the song, and I must say it's well done. This to me, is his best album, it has something for everyone. Even your Mo-Mo (lol...as most of us Southerners call our grandmothers) will be saying, "now this is what we sang our chu'ch songs in my day" while tapping her feet to Search Me Lord. My favorite is Stand. The first time I heard this song, it moved me, words can't even describe the feelings I felt. To this very day this song encourages and inspires me to not give up and just keep on doing my thing...well my thing according to how God would want me to. So I hope that this blesses and ministers to you.


No comments: