Sunday, January 18, 2009

Edwin Hawkins Music & Arts Seminar Mass Choir - Give Us Peace (1987)





















Track Listing:


1. I Need You
2. My Trust Lies In You
3. He Made A Way
4. With My Whole Heart
5. He Won't Let You Down
6. Jesus Lives In Me
7. Spirit (Fall Fresh On Me)
8. Give Us Peace

Notes:

* Recorded on Birthright Records

* Recorded live in Houston, TX

* Producer: Edwin Hawkins, Executive Producer: Byron Spears Jr.

* Musicians:

Joel Smith (drums), Jonathan DuBose (bass), Andrew Gouche (guitar), Walter Hawkins (keyboards)

* Soloists:

Lynette Hawkins (I Need You, Hw Won't Let You Down), Yolanda Adams (My Trust Lies In You), Thomas Whitfield[/b[ (With My Whole Heart), [b]Edwin Hawkins (With My Whole Heart, Spirit, Give Us Peace), Lawrence Matthews (He Won't Let You Down), John P. Kee (Jesus Lives In Me), Daryl Coley (Spirit)

* Composers:

Edwin Hawkins(I Need You), V. Michael McKay (My Trust Lies In You),
Duane Kennedy (He Made A Way), Thomas Whitfield (With My Whole Heart), Lawrence Matthews(He Won't Let You Down), John P. Kee (Jesus Lives In Me), Willie Small (Spirit (Fall Fresh On Me)), Richard Smallwood (Give Us Peace)



You can download this and more at The Gospel Fill Up Forum or visit the following online retailers to purchase what you see:

* Itunes

* Amazon.com

* Walmart.com

* CDBaby.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do I get this, there's no link for it? I've been searching for this for a long time. I used to have this on cassette tape but it's warped, would love to have this but can't download it.

Tracey said...

Hi how do you download this album?

Anonymous said...

How can I get this download . I have seach everywhere for this album.

Patricia said...

"With My Whole Heart" is posted on YouTube, but still can't find the album anywhere. The song "Give Us Peace" is another good from there. Any help to find it would be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I have it I had some one to convert it to a cd for me.

Anonymous said...

Just a correction. My Trust Lies In You was composed by James Mitchell not V. Michael McKay. Love the site. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Finding your forum late but love all things associate w/ this Album. One correction Walter Hawkins solos on With My Whole Heart w/ T. Whitfield...in fact if you listern closely you will hear Maestro Whitfield say " come on Walter" just before Walter begins to sing.

Also if anyone is still looking for the entire recording on Youtube search for icelady/107.